Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend Update

ROH "Supercard of Honor III" Results
Photobucket
~Ring of Honor closed out their weekend with the second of two shows in Orlando yesterday featuring wrestlers from the Dragon Gate promotion in Japan. Here's what went down:

-Go Shiozaki beats Delirious.

-Kenny King, Sal Rinauro & Chasyn Rance (The Young, Rich & Ready) beat Dingo, Luke Williams & Alex "Sugarfoot" Payne.

-ROH Tag Team Champions Rocky Romero & Davey Richards (The No Remorse Corps.) defend their titles against Jigsaw & Ruckus (The Vulture Squad).

-Tyler Black & Jimmy Jacobs (The Age of the Fall) beat The Briscoes.

-BxB Hulk & Shingo (from Dragon Gate) defeat El Generico & Kevin Steen

-Nigel McGuinness beats Austin Aries to successfully retain the ROH World Title.

-After the match both the AOTF and Tammy Sytch try, once again, to get Aries to join them. He ends up joining the Age of the Fall. AOTF are about to attack Sytch but The Briscoes come out to make the save.

-Genki Horoguchi, Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino defeat CIMA, Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito in an all-Dragon Gate six man tag match.

I really didn't expect Aries to join the Age of the Fall, but he would definetely fit in with their whole "death to society" look. I'm interested if ROH is going to do anything with The Briscoes and Tammy Sytch, hopefully she becomes their manager and speaks for them because the Briscoes, although talented in the ring, are god-awful on the mic.

I'm glad to see Richards & Romero get a run with the tag belts. When they won them a few months ago, I was sure they would drop the belts to the Briscoes or the AOTF by the next week. I dig Davey Richards and Rocky Romero as singles wrestlers and from the few matches I've seen of them as a team, I like the pair just as much.

-There goes Kevin Steen's winning streak.

2008 WWE Hall of Fame
Photobucket
WWE held their 2008 Hall of Fame ceremony last night. The inductees included Ric Flair, Rocky Johnson, "High Chief" Peter Maivia, Jack & Gerald Briscoe, Eddie Graham, Gordon Solie and Mae Young.

I wasn't even alive when any of these people were in their prime, despite that, I still found the show enjoyable. Seeing The Rock aka Dwayne Johnson, a former wrestler who I witnessed in his prime, induct his father, Rocky Johnson, was pretty cool.


Also, Flair's speech was really heartfelt.


I wish I could have seen all the speeches but I guess there goes one bonus feature on the Wrestlemania 24 DVD.

Speaking of Wrestlemania 24, it's going on right NOW. I'll be sure to have results up tomorrow. So far, the show is extremely good.

No comments: