Wednesday, March 26, 2008

3/25 ECW Results, Wednesday Wrestler Spotlight

3/25 ECW Results
Photobucket
(Pics from WWE.com)

Photobucket
~The show starts with a 12-on-12 tag team match featuring the 24 wrestlers that will compete in a battle royal this Sunday at Wrestlemania 24, where the winner will face Chavo Guerrero for the ECW title immediately afterwards.

Photobucket
-Snitsky *sigh* picks up the win for his team. I honestly don't remember who was on his team but I know it wasn't Tommy Dreamer, who got pinned by Snitsky.

-Not content with the beating he just got, Tommy Dreamer challenges ECW Champion, Chavo Guerrero, to a non-title match. Guerrero accepts.

Photobucket
-Shelton Benjamin beats Carlito in a preview to the Money in the Bank Ladder match at Wrestlemania.

Photobucket
-Mike Knox & Layla defeat Stevie Richards & Kelly Kelly.

Photobucket
-To the surprise of no one, Chavo Guerrero beats Tommy Dreamer in a non-title match.

Photobucket
-Afterwards, it seemed like the whole world came out to jump the ECW champ after his win.


I thought the opening tag match was pretty fun to watch and it seems like everyone got a chance to shine...



...But, SNITSKY? Snitsky picks up the win?!? Why this guy?
Photobucket

Carlito and Shelton Benjamin had a really solid match and I think it was match of the night.

part 1


part 2

You know who I wish was featured more on ECW, Layla El.
Photobucket
I don't think I have to say anything else.

I believe it was Dave Chappelle who once said “everything looks cooler in slow motion”. A part of John Morrison’s entrance has him standing at the top of the entrance ramp while the wind is blowing his hair and fur coat in slow motion. I know Morrison wasn't even on the show last night, the entrance sounds pretty goofy and I’ve been trying for months to continue hating on it, but I’ve officially thrown in the towel. I want an entrance like that (with the oversized fur coat and sunglasses).




Wednesday Wrestler Spotlight

~This week's spotlight is on a wrestler who I find to be very entertaining and charismatic and he could also be wrestling the last match of his career this Sunday.


Photobucket
"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Personally, I'm not old enough or eager enough to watch pro wrestling from the 1980's in order to fully know or have an appreciation for everything Ric Flair has brought to the business.

Although, Flair has spent the latter part of his career in WWE, I was first exposed to the man known as "The Dirtiest Player in the Game" by watching World Championship Wrestling (WCW).

My first impressions of him were that he was the man with the million bathrobes who said "wooo" a lot.

Here are some of the "bathrobes" in the Ric Flair collection

Like this one
Photobucket

And this one
Photobucket

And this one
Photobucket

As for the "wooo"s, I don't think an explaination from me would do it justice, so I'll have Ric Flair explain it himself.


In the years that I've seen Ric Flair, I've learned that he is a pretty damn good showman and I honestly can't remember ever seeing a Ric Flair interview or promo where he wasn't enthusiastic or giving 100%. As a matter of fact, he would give so much in his interviews that at times, it kind of seems like he's going overboard.


Nevertheless, Flair is a former 16-time World Champion, considered a living legend in pro wrestling and I'm pretty sure if he is going to wrestle his last match at Wrestlemania this Sunday, I know he'll go out with a bang. Wooo!

No comments: