Wednesday, March 12, 2008

3/11 ECW Results, Wednesday Wrestler Spotlight

3/11 ECW Results:
Photobucket
(Pics from WWE.com)

Photobucket
~This week’s show starts the same as last week, with The Miz & John Morrison defending the WWE Tag Team Titles against Tommy Dreamer & Colin Delaney, only this time, it’s no-DQ so all weapons are legal.

Photobucket
-After losing all last week, Miz and Morrison pick up the win and successfully defend their tag titles.

-ECW General Manager, Armando Estrada, announces a 24-man battle royal at Wrestlemania 24, where the winner will immediately face ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero in a title match afterwards. He then goes on to name The Great Khali as one of the participates as he comes down to the ring for a match.

Photobucket
-Stevie Richards continues to be buried as he loses in two seconds to The Great Khali. Then Mike Knox, who lost to Richards a few weeks back, attacks Stevie after the match.

Photobucket
-Kofi Kingston beats Deuce

Photobucket
-Festus steamrolls Elijah Burke

Photobucket
-CM Punk beats Big Daddy V by countout to earn a spot in the Money in the Bank Ladder match at Wrestlemania 24.

I actually enjoyed the tag match a lot more than I thought I would. Too bad Delaney and Dreamer didn’t win.


Listen to Shelton Benjamin on commentary during the ending of the CM Punk/Big Daddy V match. It’s funny, because I was thinking exactly the same things he's saying.


Wednesday Wrestler Spotlight


This week's Wednesday Wrestler Spotlight is on "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase.
Photobucket

"The Million Dollar Man" is one of the first wrestlers I remember seeing in the WWE (then called the WWF) when I was younger. He instantly stood out to me because of his evil laugh, which you can hear all over the first clip, and because he always had money around him.

Ted DiBiase, from what I remember, was one of the true a-holes of pro wrestling that you couldn't help (or maybe I just couldn't help) but cheer for. He had a cool type of arrogance about him, the type where you know he's a jerk but for some reason if you were a jerk, you wouldn't mind being like him.

He always wore these either shiny black or green suits, he had this finshing submission move called "The Million Dollar Dream" that for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to do for the longest time and after he beat someone in a match, he'd stuff a hundred dollar bill in their mouth. See what I mean, he's the jerk you'd want to be.


DiBiase's catchphrase was "Everybody's Got a Price", and he would use every opportunity he could to exploit that fact. He'd pay his way out of matches, he'd literally buy himself a win and he would also have fans do the silliest things for money.


DiBiase retired from pro wrestling in the mid-90's and I'm still find myself every now and then trying to imitate that laugh, maybe I'll get it down, one day.

No comments: