Tuesday, April 1, 2008

No Monday w/ The Smart Marks?!?!?

~I know, I know. Yesterday I was supposed to post the latest edition of Mondays with The Smart Marks...but I didn't.

But that's ok. It's ok because today I have a special, one-time-only feature exclusive to The 450 Splash. So without further ado, I present...

ONE Tuesday with The Smart Marks

This week's question:
Wrestlemania 24 just ended. What was the biggest surprise from the show?

"Punk winning MITB was by far the most surprising thing for me. Followed closely by Beth and Melina winning."

-MrMonty (Wrestling Forum)

"Nothing was really close to being a big surprise in a pretty predictable WM. When I saw that the Edge/Taker match was last it was a clear sign Orton was retaining and Taker was winning, so that took a little intrigue out of it.

A mild surprise was just how good of a match Flair and Michaels had, looks like the Naitch still had something left and he gave it his all. Another surprise was that Michaels wasn't seriously hurt, the way he landed on the announcer's table ... that HAD to hurt."

-k3v5h (Wrestling Clique)

"Just wanted to say I thought that MITB was an incredible match."

-Killah RKO (Wrestling Forum)

"Not too many huge surprises but I didn't see CM Punk MITB winning at all - I definately had him fourth most likely behind Jericho, Kennedy and MVP. However, it makes some sense with his recent RAW appearances and the new kid friendly direction of the WWE. I'm really not sure when he'll cash in but I expect him to switch shows and establish his credibility throughout the summer. My early prediction, cashing in against a WHC Edge late this year or early next."

-Highlight Reel (Wrestling Forum)

"I marked out more tonight than ever before. I'm a huge Orton fan and when I saw HHH hit the Pedigree, I thought, "Great, another HHH title reign." But Orton kicking HHH and pinning Cena was booking genius. I'm so pumped that Vince has confidence in Randy. Orton is the future of the company and I'm glad to see his reign continue.

Undertaker-Edge was awesome, they put on a great match. Pace picked up towards the end. Lots of nearfalls. There were many times I thought Edge was going to end the streak particularly when the Edgeheads came. Great way to end WM with Undertaker in the ring with the belt.

The Flair-Michaels match was absolutely brilliant. The best ever vs. one of the best ever. Great spots by Michaels. Great feel and psychology. Great emotion particularly the ending with Shawn saying sorry. Those three matches alone make this a great WM.

Kane getting the ECW title is great. The man is a great worker and is very over with the crowd. I'm glad to see him get rewarded.

Batista v Umaga was pretty awful, I expected better.

MITB was great. All the guys had some great spots. Amazing display of athleticism. Lots of close calls with each guy almost getting the case. Surprised to see Punk win, but I guess those reports of heat on him were exaggerated.

I missed the JBL-Finlay match and the Bunny match, so no comment there. But, I really enjoyed this year's Wrestlemania."

-gatorca14 (Wrestling Forum)

"orton reataining the title... and kane becoming ecw champ"

-A-Bomb (Wrestling Clique)

"Epic show? One of the best ever? Will you wake up.

JBL - Finlay - predictable that Mr politics would win.

MITB - They give it to an up and comer so it was predictable that it would be Punk - the drug free guy.

Batista - Umaga - predictable that Botchtista would win.

Michaels/Flair - predictable cos everyone knew Flair was retiring.

Triple Threat - predictable cos it was not the main event match and Orton hasn't been hyped up
like the others which usually indicates that a champ will retain.

Mayweather/Show - The celeb was not going to lose. Very predictable.

Taker/Edge - Taker doesn't lose at Mania. Oh so predictable.

This was the most predictable WM of all time. Someone earlier laughably claimed that WWE had given the fans swerves. They must be off their rocker. And Coach commentating a Wrestlemania main event? Damn.

I feel sorry for those who forked out money for this joke of a show.

THUMBS DOWN!!"

-Mr. Charisma (Wrestling Forum)

"Weren't that many surprises for me really. Well, I was suprised at how short the ECW title match was and Melina/Beth winning BunnyMania."

-xXxRisexXx (Wrestling Clique)

"I thought Mania was pretty solid. The Money in the Bank stole the show by far. Very creative this year. All men involved got their time to shine, Matt showed up, and I'm happy Jericho didn't win. He would have looked weird carrying around the briefcase. Honestly, I think he's beyond something like that. He'll get his title matches using other avenues. CM Punk is an ok choice, but I'd rather have seen Kennedy or MVP. They really need to start pushing all these guys. Everyone was fantastic in that match.

The Triple Threat was good. I'm not surprised Orton won given how the feud had gone, but there was certainly some doubt. Nice to see him retain.

Show/Mayweather was meh.. but better than expected.

JBL winning was a nice surprise.

This is about the only way Flair could have gone out and I'm glad it's finally over. Great career. HBK is unreal. He can make any match interesting.

Taker winning wasn't surprising obviously, but the match was great. The booking, spectacular. They made it look like Edge might have a chance there for a second which is all I needed.

Divas crap was awful. Should have included Mickie or Kelly Kelly, even Maryse. Santino was gold again, though.

Batista is awful.

Kane winning is the ECW title is meh. I guess he deserves it.

All in all, solid show. Oh, and I want to reiterate how much I love Kim Kardashian."

-Blitzkrieg (Wrestling Clique)

No comments: