Wednesday, April 16, 2008

4/15 ECW Results, Wednesday Wrestler Spotlight

4/15 ECW Results
Photobucket

Photobucket
~This episode of ECW starts with the announcement that ECW lead commentator, Joey Styles, is receiving a "promotion", leaving commentary for a behind-the-scenes job with WWE.com. WHAT?

Photobucket
-Replacing him is going to be Mike Adamle, the former announcer for the old-school American Gladiators and a fairly new WWE signee.

Photobucket
-CM Punk, Jimmy Wang Yang, Shannon Moore and Kofi Kingston beat Shelton Benjamin, Duece, Domino & Elijah Burke in a eight man tag.

Photobucket
-Elijah Burke and Shelton Benjamin don't approve.

Photobucket
-Then there was a diva dance-off featuring LAYLA~! Maryse, Eve, Lena Yada and Kelly Kelly.

Photobucket
-Kelly Kelly wins. I don't approve.

Photobucket
-Tommy Dreamer and Mike Knox are about to have a match but ECW General Manager, Armando Estrada, changes the match to Mike Knox vs. Colin Delaney.

Photobucket
-Colin doesn't approve.

Photobucket
-Mike Knox buries Colin Delaney.

Photobucket
-ECW Champion, Kane & World Heavyweight Champion, The Undertaker defeat WWE Tag Team Champions, The Miz & John Morrison in a non-title match squash match.

Photobucket
-The Miz doesn't approve.


Why kill your tag champs to make two guys, who are already viewed as strong and popular, more strong and popular.

More King of the Ring HYPE!!!!


I've noticed that Elijah Burke has a rather interesting move set. He uses this rising pimp slap and he does this other thing when his opponent is on the ropes and he jumps and...I can't even describe it, but it's cool stuff.


For some reason, I'm also digging Elijah Burke's theme song.


Adamle was awesome in his debut...and yes, that was a lie. He was terrible, horrible and just plain bad. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because it was his first time calling a WWE event and I'm sure it's not easy. Among the loads of mistakes Adamle made included calling Shelton Benjamin, "Sheldon", other times he would completely forget the names of wrestlers, "uno, dos, adios"? and overall he just seemed lost. I kind of have a soft spot in my heart for Mike Adamle because I was a big American Gladiators fan back in the day and I thought Mike Adamle was awesome. I think he'll get back to that level...in a few years. But that's ok, I'll wait, I guess.



No amount of Mike Adamle screwups can take away my joy of seeing Layla El.


Tazz was just acting a fool during that "diva danceoff". It's ok though, I know it was all done for my entertainment, right Tazz.


Who in the hell is Mike Knox?


Wednesday Wrestler Spotlight

~The champ is here! The new champ that is.
Photobucket
This week's Wednesday Wrestler Spotlight is on the brand spanking new TNA World Champion, Samoa Joe.
I don't know what else I can say about Joe that I haven't said in my "Major Players in Pro Wrestling: TNA" post. Joe is a bad man and watching him destroy people in the ring is amazing to watch.



Samoa Joe originally became a household name in Ring of Honor, but it's arguable to say whether ROH made him or if he made ROH. I personally think Joe made ROH. Hearing about Samoa Joe and his wrestling style was what led to me first learning about ROH. While there, Joe would go on to hold the ROH World Title for almost two years, a feat that rarely ever happens in pro wrestling because title reigns usually last a few months (or even days in some cases).


Eventually, Joe was picked up by TNA and spent a million years screwing around before TNA decided that he needed to be their world champion and the face of the company. Hopefully, he can have a title reign similiar to the one he had in ROH and he doesn't lose the belt within the next month.

www.Tu.tv

No comments: