Monday, May 5, 2008

Mondays w/ The Smart Marks

This Week's Question:
Sometimes first impressions aren't everything. What wrestlers have you all seen that you didn't like at first, but, for whatever reason, they eventually grew on you and why?

"Santino Marella. He didn't do anything and got the Intercontanental title but now he is the funniest caracter in WWE."

-16-0 (Wrestling Clique)

"I would have to say Cody Rhodes. He just came in as a nobody (sort of, dusty rhodes son but other than that he wasn't anyone) and he is now tag team champ. I didn't like watching him at first, but once I started to actually watch his matches I realized that he has some good talent. If you actually sit there and pay attention to him, he is a REALLY good wrestler, he does some awesome moves. He could be RAW material if he worked harder. And the sad thing is that he may not make it far because of his lisp. I mean Dusty Rhodes did, but, Cody is good on the mic for what I have heard so far, but the lisp kind of throws things off, especially if he is heel."

-cerebralassassin1987 (Wrestling Clique)

"I say MVP. At first, he was basically crap but then his feud with Kane started to kick in and I started to like him. Not to mention he looked like a Power Ranger."

-JoseBxNYC (Wrestling Forum)

"Well, I don't know if this really counts, but when Santino Marella first started out, (as the italian dude from Milan who won the IC title) I hated him.

Ever since they turned him into a comedic heel, he was golden. I, personally, never saw it coming. And never suspected he'd be so awesome."

-something clever (Wrestling Forum)

"The Miz. When he first debuted he was annoying and had nothing to offer in the ring. Now he's a solid worker and imo the most improved wrestler on the WWE roster."

-Ownage (Wrestling Forum)

"I remember thinking HHH sucked as "Hunter Hearst Helmsley" The royal character. I think he turned out fairly well."

-Suntan Superman (Wrestling Clique)

"Gotta say MVP, when he debuted at No Mercy against a jobber (Marty Garner) I was disappointed then he started to improve in the ring, kept delivering great promos and now he's one of my favorite wrestlers on the roster and in my eyes the future of the company."

-ShyBiSkye (Wrestling Forum)

"Ooh, Finlay. Yeah, I'm 20 (what does that have to do with anything?) but I know alot about the original ECW and WCW (that's what it has to do with it. I'm fairly too young to remember the old ECW and WCW) and I do know that Finlay had a career threatening injury back in WCW. Something about a glass table and his leg. But he bounced back and I'm glad to see him in WWE......although.....I'm a Hornswoggle hater. Lose the dwarf and get back to your roots Finlay!

Oh and Jeff Hardy's gonna end up going back to TNA or even ROH (despite ROH hating Jeff and wanting Matt). He's bound to get fired again. Always getting caught up in wellness disputes >.> He used to be good. Now he's crap.

I never thought Curry Man would be a good wrestler in TNA, until I remembered that it's just Christopher Daniels in a mask. I watched some of his old matches for Japan and he's pretty damn good as Curry Man. Kooooooonichiwaaaaa!"

-TKW Pure Ownage (Wrestling Forum)

"Definitely Satino. When he first debuted, I was pissed that he was put over Umaga and won the Intercontinental Title in his debut, and was bored of him already in the few next weeks.

But ever since his heel turn, he has been hilarious. He is one of the main reasons I watch Raw, his mic skills are great and he's not too bad in the ring."

-Fail (Wrestling Forum)

No comments: